Washtenaw Literacy can help you with reading and writing. Our programs will help you meet your goals. You will meet for two hours each week with a volunteer tutor. Tutoring is free.
Do you qualify for tutoring?
Use this checklist to see if you qualify for tutoring:
- I am 16 years or older
- I live, work, or volunteer in Washtenaw County
- I need help with reading or writing
- I can commit to weekly tutoring for 6 months
If you checked all the boxes, you are eligible for a tutor.
How do I get a tutor?
To get a tutor, follow these steps:
- Contact Alison Austin at
or (734) 879-1320 to schedule an assessment
- Meet with Alison to register for a tutor
- Respond to your volunteer tutor's phone call to set up tutoring sessions
Want to get started right away?
- Consider attending the Monday afternoon Basic Literacy Group. Work with a tutor from 2pm - 4pm on Reading, Writing, or Math. Location: Washtenaw Community College, Business Education Building, Room 160 / Room 180. Group meets through August 4th.
- Are you looking to get your GED? Ann Arbor Public Schools Adult Education is offering a FREE Summer Prep Class. Click here for details.